United 1 - 0 Wigan

VDS
Rafael Vida Evans O'Shea
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes(Fletcher) Nani(Anderson)
Rooney(Tevez) Berbatov

It was about 7.30am and as I walked through my work's corridor, being my usual early morning self i.e. dazed, a work mate asked me to share my match prediction with him. I murmured "4 nill to United." I know I was still in dream land but I was quite confident United were going to win in style. My confidence rocketed sky high when United scored a goal barely a minute into the match thanks to that boy Rooney. Unbelievably that was the defining moment of the match, yes, a moment which happened when the match was about 57 seconds old. Another prediction down the drain! What an anti-climax eh?

Anyway, enough of my usual pessimistic thoughts which I usually share whenever United fail to reach my towering demands. It's another win, another 3 points in the bag and another cleansheet. The 9th consecutive cleansheet! Vidic was my Man of the Match. He is truely exceptional. One banner at Old Trafford has the words VIDIC IS GOD embroidered on it, he's not god, but he is the nearest thing. He's here, he's there, he's everywhere! Aren't those what our Religion teachers used to teach us about God? Jokes aside, Vidic truly is special. His tackling and heading technique is inch perfect. Evans is also maturing into a really good centre back. We're not really missing Rio and that says a lot!

Meanwhile Tevez, who replaced the injured Rooney, huffed and puffed to impress the gaffer but he spoiled his efforts when he missed a sitter. A chance which could have settled the match, instead of forcing us supporters to wait until the final whistle. 90 long minutes, during which , a couple of years might have been shaved off our life.

Nxt match is away to Bolton. We win it and then we can start enjoying a familiar scene we have got accustomed to. That of watching hopeless teams fighting in vain to take our crown. Natural order will soon take place :)

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month