United 2 - 1 Chelsea

VDS
O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Park Carrick Giggs Nani(Valencia)
Chicharito Rooney

Phew! We're through to the semi finals! What is most rewarding about our qualification is that we got through to the semis at the expense of Terry & co. I felt quite relaxed before the game because United, at Old Trafford, rarely let us down. Goals by Chicharito and Park sandwiched a goal by Drogba which gave us United faithful an uneasy feeling for about 20 seconds. 

Giggsy Was Excellent Throughout

I heard a lot of blabbering about how Chelsea should have had a penalty last week but  I didn't hear a single word from these same people about how Chicharito's cancelled goal was NEVER an offside. But yes, United are always lucky, the refs always favour United and probably God sides with United. As I said over and over again in football you need that slice of luck but all the ABU's make it seem as if lady luck only smiles at United.  Oh and Terry shouldn't have ended today's match on the field of play.

Anyway we're through and that is what matters. All players put in a brilliant performance and all in all it was a deserved victory, even though Chelsea were much better than us during the first 20 minutes or so. A player who stood out for me today was Park. He was a constant nuisance to the Chelsea defence and also defended very well during the final 30 minutes. Well done Parky! Rooney was terrific again today with a couple of decent shots on goal and a handful of Scholes-esque passes. He'll be missed on Sat.

The Best Three Players On The Pitch
All in all I'm absolutely delighted. Our team managed to reach the 4th semi final in 5 seasons. Surely, Fergie must be doing something right! Speaking of Fergie, I finally found a place where I can watch United without having to endure 90 minutes listening to people who think they are the gaffer himself. Today I went to Malta's Manchester United supporters club for the first time and I enjoyed the experience. As all of my friends know, I don't tolerate anti Manchester United people near me during our matches and therefore, since I don't have cable TV at my apartment, I find it quite difficult to find a place that meets my never ending demands! This club, obviously, won't have any anti United people and most people support the team rather than bemoan every mistake made. Just about ticks everything I ask for.

City are next. Tough match against the massive club. I hope they make it in time to Wembley. Finding their way to the national stadium might prove to be a very difficult task indeed. Might as well follow our coach. COME ON UNITED!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month