United 2 - 0 Fulham

Kuz
O'Shea Smalling Vidic Evra
Valencia(Fabio) Gibson Scholes Anderson(Owen) Nani(Carrick)
Berbatov

We made another step towards securing our 19th title with a good performance vs an ordinary Fulham side. We dominated the first half with Berbatov and Valencia scoring the goals that gave us the 3 points. My man of the match was Nani who terrorised the Fulham defence and made two assists, even though the second didn't look intentional. 

Good Day At The Office
We looked very comfortable up until half time but I did fear that complacency, from our side, could put Fulham back in the game. Remember what happened vs WBA some months ago? I bet you do.  In fact, I thought that Fulham were better than us during the second period and had some decent scoring opportunities. However our defenders and our goalie, who confirmed he will be leaving United during this summer, did well to keep a clean sheet. 

I was also quite surprised to see Berbatov starting alone up front. I thought Chicharito would start this game but I guess this move shows that Fergie intends to heavily involve our young Mexican this Tuesday. Gibson & Scholes did their job while Anderson showed some delightful touches and showed that he couldn't score, even if his life depended on it. Valencia did well on the right flank and I have already heaped my praise on Nani who was excellent.

The substitutions made today definitely give us a clear indication of who's starting and who's not on Tuesday. However, I'm not having a go at predicting our starting XI vs Chelsea because Fergie always manages to outfox me.

COME ON UNITED!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month