Chelsea 0 - 1 United

VDS
Rafael(Nani) Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Park Carrick Giggs
Chicharito(Berbatov) Rooney

So we have finally won at Stamford Bridge after a combative performance against Chelsea. Rooney scored the winning goal after an sublime cross-field ball by Carrick and a brilliant run and pass by Giggsy. This win away from home is nothing but a bonus, I honestly didn't expect United to win it.

The referee had an impeccable game apart from a decision he took late on. Evra felled Ramires and I admit that it was a penalty but hey, a ref fucked up 3 of our recent games vs Chelsea so I guess we're now almost even. Torres tried to cheat twice during the game but his cheating was properly addressed by Vidic and Ferdinand who made sure he doesn't do it again. Scouse bastard.

Chelsea, just like in our recent PL game, were outplayed during the first half but came back stronger during the second. However, our defence was exceptional. Earlier today I said that I don't mind Smalling playing instead of Ferdinand but I think Rio was excellent today. VDS had another great game and made a couple of world class saves that kept United in a good position. Chicharito was a tad quiet up front but Rooney was everywhere attacking and even defending. Anyway all in all I'm pleased with every player who played a part today. 

What?! Fuckin' What?!
A 1-0 win is a good away result but it is still a dangerous one.  Chelsea will now come to Old Trafford all out for a win so we need to put in another good performance at Old Trafford and hope we extend our winning streak at the Theatre of Dreams. We are still unbeaten at home in all competitions but as we have learned today, statistics really don't mean anything in football. 

I am now relieved. I have passed yet another daunting heart test. Our next game is vs Fulham and I expect a smoother ride, even though nothing seems to be easy when United are concerned. It's been a while since I have watched a United game without any pressure whatsoever. Anyway, WELL DONE UNITED!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month