United 0 - 1 Leeds United

Kuz
Neville Brown Evans Fabio
Obertan(Valencia) Gibson Anderson Welbeck(Giggs)
Rooney Berbatov

Well, I really cannot believe we couldn't beat a League 1 team. Yes, the club we were facing was Leeds United, our old rivals, but still I expected United to go through to the 4th round. Fergie fielded a team strong enough to compete against any Premier League club let alone a League 1 side.

We were very very poor. I expected more from the likes of Rooney and Berbatov. They missed a couple of chances they ultimately cost us the game. Our back four had a howler. Neville was too slow...I guess his time is up! Brown did his best but lost his cool while Evans was not sharp enough. Fabio had an on and off match. Obertan was poor and this supports my firm belief that he won't become a first teamer before next season. Valencia, a substitute, was the only player who played well and actually tried to do something, however his efforts were to no avail and Leeds held on to their goal advantage.

Our next match is a carling cup game vs Manchester City. I hope we don't give them an opportunity to win a trophy after 33 years...

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month