United 2 - 0 Tottenham

VDS
Rafael(Brown) Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Fletcher Carrick Park
Berbatov(Scholes) Chicharito(Obertan)
So United got out of this difficult fixture with the 3 points. United played quite well and I'm pleased our defence managed to keep a clean sheet. I have constantly criticised our midfielder Park Ji Sung, but yesterday he worked his socks off and put in a man of the match performance. He was a constant menace to Tottenham's defence and ran like mad for most of the match. I'm glad he's finally in form again.

Meanwhile goalscorers Vidic and Nani were the other two players who stood out in this match. Vidic was a rock at the back and Nani was his usual self: scoring, shooting, dribbling and delaying passes by a couple of minutes(something I wish Nani changes). The first goal was a good goal but the second one was the goal that grabbed most of the headlines. Having seen the incident, leading to the second goal, through my red tinted glasses, I honestly think that Nani was fouled inside the area and therefore the ref should have awarded a penalty. Then Nani handled the ball because he thought he was fouled but the ref played advantage. Tottenham's idiot between the sticks grabbed the ball and threw it 10 yards away and just stood there. Gomes should have known that the ref didn't blow the whistle and hence I think that it was a legitimate goal. Then again I would have been absolutely livid had it been scored against us, but football rarely pleases all parties involved!

Anyway we are still trailing Chelsea by 5 points and I think that is not so big a margin. We have played like shit for most of the season and we're still just 5 points behind "irrepressible" Chelsea. Bring on Buraspor!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month