United 3 - 2 Wolves

Amos
Brown Smalling Evans Fabio(Neville)
Obertan Carrick Gibson Park(Morrison)
Bebe(Chicharito) Macheda

So we're through to the quarter finals after an acceptable performance and a good game of football. The first half was really boring, United rarely threatened the Wolverhampton goalie but the second half was a different story. Obertan and Bebe looked more adventurous and in fact the latter scored a good goal. Park, who didn't impress me during the match, scored another great goal while Chicharito, who was introduced late on, scored the winner. That Mexican is a natural scorer and I love him!

I was worried our youngsters might collapse to a strong Wolves side. In fact, during the 90 minutes, Wolves were far more threatening up front than United. Amos made a couple of good saves and saw one of their shots scraping the bar. But thankfully, at the end of the day, United got out of this encounter on top and we can now look forward to another Carling Cup quarter final. The youngsters who played will surely have benefited from this game. I was impressed by Bebe. He made a couple of intelligent runs and I guess he has got what it takes to make it at OT. On the other hand Macheda disappointed me. He looked lost and failed to pass the ball when it mattered. I've been waiting for a year and a half now for this boy to blossom but I never saw any improvements from the guy we saw in that game vs Villa. I'm afraid he'll have to live up to the reputation he earned during that match and I think, and I hope I'm wrong, that he'll never ever top that moment... at least in a United shirt.

Amos & Smalling did just about fine, Carrick, Gibson and Brown did well while Fabio was superb when defending. If it wasn't for his superb interventions I think we would be looking at a different scoreline. Well done young United! Bring on Spurs

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month