Villa 0 - 0 United

VDS
O"Shea Rio Vida Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Giggs Park
Tevez Rooney

A big disappointment. United could have reduced the gap to 5 points, and should we win the game in hand 5 points don't seem to be an awful lot. But the reality is that United played horribly especially in the attacking department. Both Rooney and Tevez had a stinker of a game. Rooney should have scored from an ideal position, a position from which I would have scored while juggling 4 tennis balls.

All in all I'm pretty disappointed, at least I learnt the reason why Berba has been starting instead of Tevez. He is completely out of form while his confidence has now hit rock bottom and only a couple of goals would boost his morale. When he was substituted he kept shaking his head. Some would interprete his gestures as a sign of disapproval to Fergie's decision but I think it was a gesture which shows his dismay after another poor performance.

Next match vs Villareal then the derby match vs City. I really don't feel confident. I feel our hopes of winning the league will virtually diminish if we lose vs City. And if they play like they did vs Arsenal, I really think that we might have to deal with our 3rd defeat of the season.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month