United 4 - 0 Wigan

I have just arrived back home after a few days in Sicily. I was locked in a car driving to the north of the island when Manchester United were playing Wigan. Needless to say, I didn't watch the game. I did consider streaming the game using 4G but the pay rate per megabyte was ridiculously high and I had to make do with Twitter updates which was very very frustrating. Despite knowing that a second tier side had knocked Liverpool out of the cup (haha just had to mention that here), I had no doubt that our team was going to beat Wigan. We always beat Wigan at home and we tend to score a lot against them. I've seen the highlights and it looked like I didn't miss much during the first half but the likes of Schweinsteiger, Martial and Mhikitaryan upped the tempo during the second and made it an enjoyable half. We're now into the last 16 and with a realistic chance of winning what we once called the Mickey Mouse treble (FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League - Liverpool won the lot in 2001, I believe). Our 1999 treble dwarfs any other treble but I'd take the Mickey Mouse treble at the moment and I genuinely hope Mourinho goes all out to win these three competitions.....whilst making sure we get into the top 4, of course.

Well done to Basti on what seemed to be a good performance and a goal. Well done to Mourinho on swallowing his pride and giving our German another chance. Well done to Fellaini, Mkhitaryan and Smalling on scoring the other three goals. Mhikitaryan's goal was brilliantly worked and I hope Smalling getting on the scoresheet will boost his confidence. Hull tomorrow.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month