Stoke 1 - 1 United

I only watched the final 20 minutes of the game because I had was debuting for a local football team in the very exciting Gozo Football League. Hah!

Thankfully, I did not miss our Wayne breaking Sir Bobby's longstanding record. What a way it was to break the record! That was probably one of the best freekicks I've seen Rooney score. 250 goals for one of the biggest clubs in the world is truly an amazing achievement. I still can't believe that people think Roo is over-rated. I remember some amazing performances by this footballer, performances that helped us win trophies. I am happy to say that I've seen (on TV) Roo score most of these 250 goals and I was lucky enough to be at Old Trafford on the day Rooney scored what is probably his best goal. I'm talking about that stunning bicycle kick vs. Manchester City (read about my experience here). Legend.

As for the game, I've obviously seen the highlights and must say that I'm disappointed we didn't convert our domination to goals. Mata had the best chance which he somehow missed. At least we managed to win a point and keep our unbeaten run going but in reality we must look back at two points dropped and an opportunity missed to get closer to Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham who all dropped points this weekend.

Hull next.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month