United 0 - 1 Cluj

I'm only updating my blog now because I left home yesterday morning and returned just now. My final year at University is proving to be quite hectic!

Not much to write home about. It was a tedious game during which none of our players managed to impress me. With the exception of Jones and maybe Wooton, who didn't do much wrong, I was quite disappointed with our players. I definitely expected more from Rooney, Buttner, Powell and Cleverley. Our players were only playing Cluj who aren't what I'd call world beaters. 

Anyway the game didn't have much significance. We secured top spot a fortnight ago. To be honest though, I don't see us progressing much more in this competition. Our defence has been ridiculed by the likes of Reading, I don't want to imagine what would happen if we were to face Bayern, Real or Barca. Unless we stop leaking goals for fun, we've got absolutely no chance of progressing much further in this competition.

BIG BIG game this Sunday. I'm not too disheartened. City haven't looked like last year's team, but our defenders need to be totally focused. No shit sherlock, I can almost hear you say. With the exception of Yaya Toure, I don't think their midfield and defending players are that powerful. However, I've got to admit that in Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli, they possess one of the finest attacking quartet in the world and that's what worries me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too right

Top Posts in Past Month