Swansea 1 - 1 United

DDG
Jones Vidic Evans Evra
Valencia(Chicharito) Carrick Cleverley(Scholes) Young
RVP Rooney(Giggs)

I knew this was going to be a difficult game. I sensed that we might drop some points today. I was right  when it comes to the dropped points but the game wasn't difficult at all. United battered Swansea. We hit the bar twice and had a couple of decent shots blocked. The second half was all about United. Unfortunately, our strikers had a stinker and failed to make the right decision when in the final third. BUT this was a good performance nonetheless. United deserved much better. 

Evra, again, headed home a corner by RVP. I can't fathom how a player who's about as tall as me (I'm often referred to as 'the dwarf' by my friend Matthew) is managing to get in those positions. It must surely be something the players have been practicing in training. I don't believe it's a coincidence that our  Patrice is getting in those positions every odd game. I've also noticed some improvements in his overall play, especially on the overlap. Finally. 

I can't really find any faults in our defence. We looked solid. Our midfield functioned well. BUT there was a certain Wayne Rooney who looked rusty today. Had he been on song, I've no doubt that we would be celebrating another win. Maybe he ate a mince pie too many? I will obviously forgive him. He's the most important player in our squad, anyone could have a day off.

We're still sitting at the top of the tree. Let's hope we get the three points on boxing day and head into the new year with the advantage we're currently enjoying. I'm off. Until Wednesday, I hope you lot have a happy Christmas! 

FACTS
  • Wayne Rooney lost all 12 of his 50/50 contests vs Swansea; only Adel Taarabt has also done this in the PL this season.
  • Robin van Persie has hit the woodwork six times in the PL this season, more than any other player and more than 10 teams. 
  • The only player to score more headed goals in the Premier League than Patrice Evra (3) this season is Michu (5).
  • Man Utd have now scored 10 goals from corners in the Premier League this season, more than any other side

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month