Reading 3 - 4 United
Rafael(Smalling) Rio Evans Evra
Fletcher Carrick Anderson(Jones) Young
|A clear RVP goal wasn't seen by the linesman. United buy referees, they always say.|
|Rafael was disappointed when subbed off|
|Young approves Anderson's celebration|
Rooney, my man of the match, managed to get back to scoring and got himself a brace while RVP scored a goal, which was beautifully set up by Roo, had a clear goal disallowed and missed an absolute sitter.
A very strange game. I don't think I have ever seen United get involved in a 7 goal first half. It was undoubtedly a great game for the neutral, but I'm no neutral and winning these games by one goal will someday be the cause of my demise. My heart has been skipping beats for fun this season! With all of our rivals dropping points, we now have a 3 point lead heading into the Manchester Derby. 10 points away from us, lie Chelsea and Tottenham. Unless something of biblical proportions happens, this will be a two horse race. Let's hope we get something at the Etihad. City aren't the force they were last season. By this stage last season, they had scored 20 more goals! We're well capable of beating them, but if our defenders don't show up, then we won't be getting much joy. Thankfully, our 3 point lead puts us in a position were we could afford a slip up. Dead rubber game next, vs Cluj. Good opportunity for the youngsters to get a taste of what European football is about.
- 21 of the 36 points (58%) that Man Utd have won in the Premier League this season have been won from losing positions.
- This was the sixth occasion in 2012 than Man Utd have scored 4+ goals in a PL game – more often than any other side.
- Reading v Man Utd is only the third match in Premier League history to see seven first-half goals.
- Manchester United had never conceded three goals before the 24th minute in a Premier League game before.
- Wayne Rooney’s penalty was the 1000th goal that Manchester United have scored in the Premier League this century.
- No side have conceded the first goal of the game more often than Man Utd (10) in the Premier League this season.