Bolton 0 - 5 United

De Gea
Jones Rio Evans(Smalling) Evra
Nani Cleverley(Carrick) Anderson Young(Giggs)
Rooney Chicharito

Our team performed superbly once again
After the highs of the game vs Arsenal a fortnight ago, I expected a very tough match vs a combative Bolton side. However, our play was so good that we made the game look ridiculously easy. Rooney bagged another hat-trick and Chicharito returned to this side with last season's red hot form. Once again, I was pleased with every player on the field but Rooney and Jones stood out today. Rooney was his usual self while Jones played superbly at right back and ran his socks off for 90 minutes. What a buy!

The only downside from this game was Cleverley's injury. He had a cast covering his leg by the end of the game and that signals bad news. On the other hand, all the players put in a professional performance and De Gea showed the world his shot stopping skills as well as his ball delivery skills. He'll commit the odd mistake or two in the future but with every game that passes, he's looking more and more confident. Well done David!

Right now we look unstoppable but the biggest test so far lies ahead. We'll be welcoming Chelsea at OT next week and a win will send out a clear message that we mean business. Before the Chelsea game we also have the 'little matter' of facing Benfica away from home but given that we're expected to top that group easily, the Chelsea game is overshadowing our midweek fixture. I won't be updating this blog after the upcoming two games because I'll be in Holland for a week. I'll do my utmost to find a pub and watch the games there and make sure I  keep following my beloved reds wherever I am.

Come on United! 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month