Chelsea 1 - 1 United

VDS (Kuz)
Neville Rio Evans Evra
Hargreaves Scholes(Ronaldo) Fletcher Park(O'Shea)
Rooney Berbatov


I believe in United but to be honest I didn't expect anything more than a loss at Stamford Bridge, so this 1-1 result as well as the performance by the lads has pleased me. Much has been said about Chelsea but we showed that we can play like them and at times better than them in their own backyard. United's goal came from an unlikely source, Park.


If it hadn't been for a great save from Cech after a shot by Ferdinand and an inacurate shot by Rooney with a 'nearly open' goal at his mercy, United would have passed the Chelsea test with flying colours. Then again if it hadn't been for a 'not-so-sharp' Anelka and two bloopers by Cole, United could have been humilated at Stamford Bridge.


I didn't really see why Tevez didn't play a part in this match, although VDS's forced substitution may be the reason. But I would have prefered if Tevez replaced Park instead of O'Shea. And I must admit, Ronaldo disgusted me today. I hope he realises that we don't want to see the individual Ronaldo, we just want to see Ronaldo playing for Man Utd and working as a team.


Anyway a point at Stamford Bridge and now we lay somewhere in the bottom half of the table with 5 points. I believe the good times are ahead, we already faced 2 of the best 3 teams in the PL so the upcoming games should be easier? That's a big questionmark, you never get an easy team in the PL. Just look at Hull!
Next match is vs M'Boro for the Carling Cup. I think Fergie should play a strong team, he shouldn't mess with a Boro side which is defenitely going all out to progress in this competition, which is maybe their(Boro's) only hope of some silverware this season.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month