Tottenham 2 - 0 United

Wow. What the hell was that?

Before the game I almost had that pre-season feeling, you know, that feeling you get when you can’t wait to see United’s first competitive game of the season. I was excited to see how Alexis will do with Lingard and Martial, just in front of Pogba. The starting line-up was exactly how I wished it to be – with the exception of Young, maybe.
Bloody hell, I was still adjusting the sound system at the place where I watch United’s games when Tottenham scored their first. A bit of a freak goal, if you ask me. The second one was even worse. I can’t understand how Jones managed to put the ball in our own net. I’m sure he wouldn’t manage to repeat that finish if he tried another thousand times. SO as much as Tottenham played well, the goals were lucky.

Having said that, looked clueless. With the exception of one, or two at most, all of them looked like they never played football before. It was so frustrating. When you know you’ve got players capable of producing the goods and then you see them running around like headless chicken…does it get more frustrating than that? I expected much more from the likes of Matic, Pogba, Martial and Lukaku. Well, actually I expected more from everyone but it was one of those nights. Sometimes you get a game when a player or two underperform, this was a night when all of them underperformed.

It might 'only' be Tottenham, as Sir Alex used to say, but they have quite a good team albeit a tad inconsistent. It's been a while since we last won away from home against them. 

Huddersfield next

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month