United 1 - 0 Fulham

De Gea
Rafael Evans Rio(Smalling) Evra
Valencia Carrick Giggs Young
Welbeck(Chicharito) Rooney(Scholes)

Roo and the Excellent Evans Combined to Score the Winner
PHEW! I never expected such a tight game. United passed the ball superbly in the middle of the field but always lacked the final touch. Our strikers didn't have the best of games up front. Welbeck will have much better nights. Rooney, who scored the winner, looked a bit off the pace as well while Chicharito, on for Welbeck, did well to build up attacks but hesitated in the penalty area. I expected better from the trio. 

More Selfishness Tony? Please?  
At the other side, our defence had another good game. Rafael and Evra were lively while Rio and Johnny Evans did well in front of De Gea. Evans and Carrick were probably the best performers. The former headed every ball that came his way and also assisted Rooney in the only goal of the game. Carrick was composed even when under intense pressure. Young did well and I guess he defended much better than he attacked. He covered Evra superbly. Valencia was his usual self on the right but I think he should learn to be a tad more selfish at times. He's capable of scoring more goals than he gets! 

All in all we deserved to win the game by a wider margin, however if I'm honest, I must admit that Carrick's challenge on Murphy was a definite penalty. The penalty wasn't given and that makes such a win even more sweeter especially knowing that plenty of City fans must've gone absolutely livid when the ref decided to overlook Carrick's challenge. Haha! 

Prior to the game I thought this would be a high scoring match. However, Fulham defended brilliantly and hit us on the counter attack. They produced some nail biting moments late in the game. If this game is anything to go by, I'll have one horrendously nervous run-in. I guess I'd better have someone who has basic first aid skills sitting right next to me, just in case my heart couldn't bear the stress our boys in red put me through! Anyway, another game out of the way and we're back on top. Blackburn next. I don't feel particularly confident about that game, we're always given a hard time at Ewood Park. Come on United!

Comments

denny said…
the game waz very tight thanks to rooney.
Eunice Atati said…
sure twaz a nice play from rooney

Top Posts in Past Month