Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 United (HALF TIME)

I'm giving my half time views today since I have to leave for dinner in Valletta as soon as the match finishes. I will update this post tomorrow morning.

I must say we're lucky Athletic aren't 2 goals up. One of their players missed an absolute sitter but then their excellent striker Llorente scored a sublime goal to put us virtually out of this cup. Scoring three goals during the second half is difficult against any side never mind against such an industrious football team. I was pretty pleased with our reaction after their goal, it would have been acceptable had we taken a lead to Spain but I guess it won't be enough to see us through this tie.

I'm not too worried to be honest. Bowing out of the Europa League isn't something to be proud of but after that result last week I'm not too bothered about it. However, losing this weekend to Wolves would be a travesty so I hope none of our players suffers any injuries!

Athletic Bilbao were better than us at Old Trafford and they have been better than us during long stretches of the first half. I've got nothing to complain about. Only a miracle will see us through but hey, I've seen very strange stuff happen in football! So I'll keep my faith in the boys who rarely let me down. Come on United!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month