England 1 - 4 Germany

That scoreline hurts. It hurts a lot. I don't think England played that bad today. We had more shots, more possesion but defenitely less luck than the Germans. We hit the bar twice and even had a clear goal disallowed. If Lampard's effort was rightly allowed it would have definitely been a different game. Anybody who plays football knows that at going in for the half time break 2-2, after trailing by two goals, is one heck of a boost. Thanks to that stupid linesman and Blatter, who refuses to introduce goal line technology, I will keep asking myself "what if?" for the next couple of weeks. Germany's goals could have been avoided, however, I must admit, they are really good at counter attacking. I will refuse to state that Germany were better than us though.
Anyway another dream of triumphing in a world cup has just died. The next world cup will be held in Brazil and I think everybody knows who'll be the eventual winners. We've got the Euro qualifiers to look forward to but nothing can heal the pain incurred by looking at today's scoreline.
I still love England. I will support England till I die.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month