United 1 - 2 Chelsea

VDS
Neville Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Park Scholes Fletcher Giggs
Berbatov

United had the chance to go 4 points clear at the top of the table. However, a poor first half performance and an even poorer performance by the referee contributed to United's downfall. Macheda scored United's goal, which proved to be just a consolation goal.

I didn't watch this match since I had other priorities with my local football team. From the reports I've read it seems that United played like crap during the first 45 minutes but battled hard during the second half, Berbatov was useless, Drogba's goal was clearly an offside and ref Mike Dean should have given United at least 2 penalties. The reality is that we let Chelsea leapfrog us at the top of the table and it seems that getting eliminated from the Champions League has helped Chelsea. Anyway, I'm gutted and I should be. This was a really good chance to get a firm grasp on the top spot. But let's be honest, with players like Berbatov and Neville, Giggs & Scholes all on the field of play, I didn't expect a better result. We cannot afford to play the 3 veterans at the same time while Berbatov is a striker who's only capable of scoring against minor teams. He should be offloaded this summer.

I hope United win the next match, get through to the semis of the Champions League and avoid a disappointing end to a promising season...

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month