United 5 - 0 Portsmouth

VDS
Neville Brown Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Fletcher(Gibson) Nani
Rooney(Diouf) Berbatov(Owen)


Three own goals added up to a Rooney header and a superb strike by Berbatov, ensured that United get the 3 desired points quite easily. The huge gap between United and Portsmouth, the latter currently at the bottom of the table, was almost tangible.

Anyway, not much to say. The only thing that bothered me today was the fact that we could have easily scored another 3 goals but we didn't! Anyhow, we are now the top scorers in the league and have a superior goal difference to both Chelsea and Arsenal! I remember by December every pundit was blabbering about how good Arsenal are at the front and that nobody could match their goals scored tally. Well, we now have matched it and bettered it!

With Chelsea drawing during the week and winning unconvincingly against Burnley, I have a gut feeling that they might drop more points tomorrow. In the words of Sir Alex, I just hope that Arsenal "batter" Chelsea, but being realistic, I doubt it. I'd welcome a draw though!Meanwhile our next league game isn't exactly easy either. Believe.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month