United 3 - 0 West Ham

Foster
Neville Brown Vidic Evra
Valencia Scholes Anderson(Park) Gibson
Rooney(Diouf) Berbatov(Owen)

A brace by Rooney and a well taken goal by Owen were enough to see off a spirited West Ham side coming into this match with a high level of confidence. My man of the match was Antonio Valencia. He managed two assists, his 4th assist in a week. His crosses are getting better and better. He does not score a lot of goals but he is making sure United don't miss Ronaldo. Antonio creates a lot of goals for his team mates and we do not have to keep watching useless stepovers over and over again, something we got used to when Ronny was in our team.


Although West Ham were pretty much into contention for most of the 1st half, I still believe this was an easy win for United. I never expected United to succumb to another defeat or held to a draw, even though we were torn to shreds on Saturday. It's a relief to see Vidic back and even though there was Foster in goal, I felt more assured with Nemanja at the back.


Overall it was a good match. An eye pleaser. The passes that lead to United's goals were a joy to watch. Berbatov, who missed a couple of decent chances to go forward, was involved in Rooney's goals. His involement was good to see, however, I still expect more from him. On the other hand it was great to see Owen score another PL goal. He took his chance well and I'm really pleased for him. Scholes had a very good second half. He could have scored two goals but his passes were simply jaw dropping. How he manages those long passes never fails to amaze me. I agree with Fergie, Scholes could manage another year at OT.


Our next match is at Wembley. Fergie will field a very strong side. However, we all know that Aston Villa is a powerful team and I'm sure the neutrals are in for a great match. It's a great chance for United to win some silverware and I hope we retain our cup. C'Mon UNITED!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month