United 5 - 0 Birmingham

VDS
O'Shea Smalling Vidic Evra(Fabio)
Nani Carrick(Gibson) Anderson Giggs(Owen)
Berbatov Rooney

United were outstanding today and have finally won another game without putting my heart to test. Berbatov got his third hat-trick of the season and I guess this game epitomised what a good season he is having. He was definitely my man of the match, and believe me, I never thought I would be writing this last year! Giggsy scored the third while Nani scored another excellent goal. 

Berbatov. Man of the match.
My only disappointment was that Rooney didn't score. He was very good in build ups (his link up with Berbatov for Giggsy's goal was outstanding) but missed an absolute sitter. Right now he can't score even if his life depended on it, and believe me, I never thought I'd be writing these words this time last year! He badly needs a goal and I hope he gets it soon. We will be needing his goals!

At the back we were never really tested. Van der Sar was a virtual spectator while our striking force bombarded Foster with about 23 shots at goal. Giggs did really well once again, while on the other flank Nani was his usual self. He was wasteful at times, delivered good crosses on others and scored a very good goal. That's Nani alright! Gibson and Anderson won the midfield battle. To be honest Birmingham's midfield was awful. Even O'Shea had a good game today and that really speaks volumes of Birmingham's effort.

If this display isn't champions standard, then I don't know what is! All I know is that I'm proud of our players and if we emulate this performance in the coming matches then I'm confident the league title will come our way. Well done UNITED!


Excellent footballer, excellent human being
Blackpool next...could be a tricky game.

Comments

Androo said…
We HAVE to watch the Blackpool game together. I miss our banter.

Good article. Now lets beat the Tangerines!

Roo
Oliver said…
Ejja sal bar ta fejni lerba :)

Top Posts in Past Month