United 0 - 0 Everton (2-4 on penalties)

Foster
Rafael Rio Vidic Fabio(Evra)
Park(Scholes) Anderson Gibson Welbeck
Tevez Macheda(Berbatov)

Finally United lost a penalty shoot out and I’m absolutely gutted. Berbatov is once again my main target. What on earth was he thinking when taking the penalty? Even I would have hit a more powerful penalty and I don't have a 30million price tag!

Anyway, just as I had predicted, Fergie rested most of the experienced players and the starting line up included 4 teenagers. I thought that Fergie was risking a tad too much though. I never expected this line up. But the youngsters played well and at the end of the match United were superior to Everton on possession and goal attempts but level on goals. The average age of our starting line up was 22.64, and then a Wenger brags about his youthful squad!

To be honest the match was tense but not really entertaining. The chance of completing a quintuple has now been washed away. In reality it was difficult to win 5 trophies but that didn’t stop me from dreaming of such a haul.

I’m still proud of the youngsters who played today though they put in a great effort! Well done!

Blue will be the colour on the 30th of May meanwhile we have some business to finish off starting next Wednesday vs Portsmouth. C’mon United!!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month