United 3 - 2 Aston Villa

VDS
O'Shea Neville Evans Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Nani(Macheda)
Tevez(Welbeck) Giggs

Ladies and Gentleman, I have a new hero and he’s 17 years old. What’s even more surprising is the fact that this young lad comes from a country that I truly dislike, Italy. I guess this guy is the only living Italian that I can bear and unless he leaves Man Utd and turns into an ‘Inzaghi’, I will keep on liking him. He’s a hot prospect for the future and finally the reviews I have been reading about him have been supported with an excellent goal with the senior squad. His name is Federico Macheda.

Macheda and Ronaldo were our saviours but in reality today’s performance wasn’t good. Everyone played below par and I guess only Fletcher played to his full potential. The first 70 minutes were a nightmare, it was in the last quarter of the match when United upped the tempo and looked like threatening Villa. Ronaldo, whose theme song must be One Republic’s ‘Stop and Stare’, spent most of the match giving the ball away and just stopping and staring at the ref. Thankfully he showed his other side of the game too by scoring 2 fine goals. Macheda’s goal deep into stoppage time was brilliant and I hope he flourishes into the player we are anticipating. With Welbeck and Macheda we have got 2 rough diamonds which just need some polishing.

So, although until the 80 minute I was resigned to losing again, this win has buffed my belief that we can win the league. We just need to win 7 from the remaining 8 matches given that Liverpool win all their remaining 7 league matches.

Our next match is in 48 hours time vs Porto. A win without conceding is ideal but just as I have learned on several occasions including today, United never do it the easy way.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month