United 0-0 Tottenham (4-1 on penalties)

Foster
O'Shea(Vidic) Ferdinand Evans Evra
Ronaldo Scholes Gibson(Giggs) Nani
Welbeck(Anderson) Tevez

Some may say that ‘it’s just the Carling Cup’ others nicknamed it the Mickey mouse cup but a trophy is a trophy and I’m glad United won it. Once again my heart was heavily tested with some nail biting moments and of course the dreaded penalty shootout. I’m thinking about omitting the dreaded part whenever I mention ‘penalty shootout’ because we have won 4 trophies in the last 2 seasons thanks to the penalties. So yes, unless I’m speaking about England I won’t say ‘dreaded’ before mentioning the penalty shootout. Amen.

Now, the game was well balanced although United did have the best of chances and were unlucky to hit the post through Ronaldo. Nani managed to make me furious a couple of times while the close ups of Rooney on the sidelines getting himself into the game brought a smile to my face. At the end of the day Ben Foster was our hero with some excellent saves during the game and an outstanding penalty stop. He will be a great replacement of the great Van der Sar whenever he decides to quit football.

2 trophies down and 3 to go, the league seems to be in our hands. Our next match is vs Newcastle at St James Park, a 2 – 0 win? We’ll see.
Add Image

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month