Brighton 3 - 2 United


Pogba can be world class but lacks consistency
So, I am one of the very very very few people who actually thought that we should be just fine with the squad that we have. I did want United to buy a player or two more, obviously, but that didn't happen. When I look at our midfield and attack, I see two areas brimming with talent that should be able to dispose of opponents with relative ease. I must admit that our defence is not the best but then we have the best goalie in the world just behind them. 

What I witnessed today was a horror show. We've probably seen United's worst performance this season, they surely cannot play worse than this again! The players looked clueless and unmotivated. If Smalling or Jones did the mistakes Bailly and Lindelof did today, we wouldn't hear the end of it just because our fanbase is full of people with double standards. Bailly is a great physical presence but sometimes he plays like someone with a chickpea for a brain. 

Pogba was useless but at least he was man enough to admit it after the game. He gave the ball away carelessly and, after last week's performance, the word 'inconsistent' fits him like a glove. He's a world beater one week but can be utterly awful the next. Perreira and Fred didn't cover themselves in much glory either. 

Mata anonymous. Martial made one good run. Young rusty. Lukaku scored our first goal but should have really scored when the game was still 0-0. If he scored, maybe we would be talking about three points today. I still don't fully trust the guy in front of goal but he's the best we've got up front.

Mourinho made a couple of substitutions at half time and we did look a tad better during the second half but not good enough to win the game. I don't know how we managed to score two goals. 

Luke Shaw was our best player today despite a bit of a shaky start. 

For me, a Manchester United game makes or breaks my weekend and games like today's simply suck the interest out of me. I don't mind a loss because we don't have a divine right to win every game but I expect our players to put up a fight and they simply didn't fight for the three points today. 

It's a looooong week until United's next game vs. Spurs. Let's hope our players turn up this time. Come on United. 



Comments

Top Posts in Past Month