United 0 - 0 Chelsea

DDG
Jones Rio Vida Evra
Valencia (Young) Cleverley Carrick Welbeck(Giggs)
Rooney RVP


Moyes' first game at Old Trafford definitely wasn't a classic but I'm quite pleased with the way our players played. I was even more pleased with the way we approached the game. Moyes didn't fear Chelsea and the starting XI showed this. On the contrary, Chelsea came to Old Trafford to get a point and they did just that. Although Chelsea are getting the points they need, I can't see why all the fuss is being made about this side being the best in England. I've seen them play Aston Villa and they were very lucky to win that game. I wouldn't say they were lucky to get a point today but they never really threatened our defenders and, to be honest, I don't think they even tried to win the game. Mourinho's infamous anti-football tactics were on show and, unfortunately, he got exactly what he wanted.

We had very few chances to score but should have easily won the game had Welbeck been more effective in front of goal. At one point, while inside the box, he decided to complicate matters when a simple toe-poke would have been enough to open the score. Rooney had a couple of decent shots saved by Cech while Martin Atkinson decided to turn a blind eye to a deliberate Lampard handball inside the box. That was definitely a penalty. This season, Chelsea should have conceded two penalties but nothing was given. That's 3 points won. And then people blab about how the refs favour United and all that nonsense.

Cleverley and Carrick did quite well in the middle of the park. Actually, I was impressed by the former. I know Cleverley is good but I'm not quite convinced he's good enough to perform week in week out for such a massive football club. I was also delighted with Rooney's effort today. If that's an unsettled Rooney, then I cannot wait to see him play once this whole transfer saga is over. His commitment is undeniable and that all I wanted to see really. 

I'm pleased. Moyes was spot on with his team selection and tactics. The players did well and I feel quite optimistic about the upcoming season. I'm sure we'll have an addition to the squad by the end of the transfer window, so if anything, we should get better and better. Liverpool next. To be fair to them, they've looked very good this season. Their goalie has won them some points already and I like their player Coutinho. 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month