Arsenal 1 - 1 United

DDG
Rafael(Anderson) Rio Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Jones Nani(Giggs)
RVP Rooney(Chicharito)
Guard of Honour for the Champions
Our players surely had one drink too many during the past week. They were really poor until the 30th minute. That's when things started clicking again as our players started producing some good football. The Gunners may have dictated play during the first period but United's first half chances were much more threatening than Arsenal's. Just before half time, RVP scored from the spot after he was fouled in the box. In terms of the better chances, United shaded the game but I think a draw is a fair result.

Turning a blind eye to the first 30 minutes, I thought our players did quite well today. Our counter attacking football was a joy to watch but unfortunately the final killer ball was missing. The stand out performer was Rio Ferdinand who oozed class throughout the game. After the turbulent first few seasons he had at our club, what a player he has turned out to be for us! He's still on top of his game even though he'll be on the wrong side of his 30's very soon. 

After the recent formation changes it was good to see some proper width in our game. I thought our wingers did quite well and both fullbacks were good on the overlap. I really can't find any fault in the way our players played. To be honest, I thought Fergie would play his fringe players today. I'm not too sure whether he was as keen on the points record as the media made him out to be but our manager doesn't settle for second best and his starting line up showed that. He's a winner and that is why our great club has been winning trophies at will under his stewardship.  

I enjoyed today's game. It's been a while since I afforded to sit back and relax while I watch United take on one of England's big guns. Obviously I wanted United to win, there's no such thing as an insignificant football game, but a draw will do. I'm glad our players showed up for the game, albeit 30 minutes late, after a week of justified celebrations. I'm glad I support these Champions.

n.b. Walcott, the goal scorer, was in an offside position. It bemuses me to see so many people, on facebook, come up with a load of conspiracies whenever United score from an offside position but no one opens up his gob whenever another team does the same. Oh well. 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month