United 2 - 1 Man City

VDS
O'Shea Smalling Vidic Evra
Nani Scholes(Carrick) Fletcher Anderson(Berbatov) Giggs
Rooney

You Beauty!
A professional performance gave United the important 3 points against Manchester City. I was at Old Trafford for this game and the atmosphere inside the stadium was just unbelievable. Nani scored a very good goal just in front of the Stretford End, where I was seated, and then, on the other side of the stadium, Rooney popped up with an immaculate overhead kick that sent the OT faithful into raptures of joy. I saw that goal in front of my very own eyes but had to replay it over and over again when I arrived back home. I am proud to have witnessed a goal that "defies description".

Photo taken after the start of the 2nd half from the Stretford End
It was a very good derby game, much much better than the derby at Eastlands earlier this season. Both teams had precautionary formations, fielding just one striker, but the game was an enjoyable one. City did give me a few life threatening scares, especially when Silva missed the target after just three minutes. I wasn't particularly pleased when I learned that O'Shea was in the starting line up but he had a very good game. Smalling had City's 'massive' strikers in his back pocket and Vidic was his usual immense self. He gives his all for the United cause and I salute him for that! I saw him, in front of my naked eyes, save a certain goal with a diving header. The guy is simply exceptional. 

Celebrating with my friends after the game
Rooney worked really hard throughout the game and then scored that gem of a goal. This was his answer to City's supporters singing that "he's just a fat granny shagger". He may have had a turbulent season but that goal had World Class written all over it. Well done ROO!

Overall I enjoyed my day at Old Trafford. The city fans kept singing that Manchester is Blue but hey I couldn't see one person sporting their gear in the city centre neither before nor after the game. They also sang "are you from Manchester?" No I'm not, but I'm damn proud I support the boys in red. 

Another step towards the 19th title while City's microscopic chances of lifting our trophy vanish in thin air. Just what I asked for.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month