FC Seoul 2 - 3 United

Kuszczak (Van der Sar 46);
O'Shea, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra (Fabio 74);
Fletcher (Gibson 46), Anderson (Nani 61), Carrick (Park 74), Giggs (Scholes 61);
Rooney (Berbatov 61), Macheda (Owen 61).
United won their 3rd preseason game. I didn't watch the match since I was on my way back to Gozo from my work place in Valletta. Macheda(who made me look like a complete jackass after scoring yet another goal(see what I wrote in my previous blog)), Rooney and an excellent header by Berbatov sealed the issue.

The extract below is from Republik of Mancunia...
Federico Macheda equalised for United at 2-2 in today’s win over FC Seoul. He took the ball around the goalkeeper brilliantly before slotting it in to the back of the net.

Sir Alex Ferguson was very pleased with the goal and reckons that Macheda will be in our first team group of strikers this season.

“The goal Macheda scored was excellent,” said Ferguson. “The lad has a real chance. His movement is very good and he does well when he gets onto the shoulder of the last defender. He took his goal very well. It’s pleasing to see our strikers scoring – obviously the main players are Rooney, Berbatov and Owen and I’m very comfortable with that. But if Macheda continues his progress then it gives me a big advantage. An extra player like that will do us the world of good.”

Please Kiko, keep making me feel like a complete idiot and prove me wrong :)

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month