Inter 0 - 0 United

Van der Sar
O'Shea Ferdinand Evans Evra
Fletcher Giggs Carrick Park
Berbatov Ronaldo



Last year after the Barca game away from home I wrote these line : “I'm stuck between two minds. Should I be happy because United got out of the frightening Nou Camp without losing? Or should I be disappointed because United didn't score a priceless away goal?”

This year after this match I am feeling the same feeling. I’m feeling even more disappointed because United outclassed Inter during the first half and should have scored at least one away goal. A 0-0 draw is a dangerous result. No draw other than 0-0 would do for United and if Inter score that vital away goal, United will need to score two.

I didn’t watch most of the first half because I had a game with my local team and thank God for that. I get too excited and at least the game with my local team proved to be a good distraction. For an hour I managed to get the United game out of my head.

Our makeshift defence did exceptionally well especially Evra who was perfect. I’m delighted with the players’ performance today although Park was quite clumsy at times. I’m quite pessimistic and I have a gut feeling that United might bow out of this year’s Champions League at this stage by drawing. I guess it will be a goal scoring draw i.e either 1-1 or 2-2.

Bring on Tottenham for the Carling Cup final!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month