F.A. Community Shield Winners

I've been waiting for this one, a sense of deja vu gripped this match as it was practically a replay of last May's FA Cup Final. That final was really dull, and this match wasn't any better( I just don't know why skysports.com said it was an entertaining match, I nearly slept during the match, that says a lot.) Both teams created few chances, until Giggs scored after a great build up. Ten minutes later Chelsea levelled with a fine goal by new-boy Malouda. The second half didn't provide any entertainment nevermind goals, so the match had to go to a penalty shootout in which Man Utd won thanks to three fine saves by Van Der Sar, and 3 successful penalty kicks by Ferdinand, Carrick and Rooney.

Apart from the psychological effect that may be left on both teams, this match was of little relevance. Both teams missed some key players, such as Terry and Scholes for Chelsea and Man Utd respectively, we didn't get to see neither Anderson nor Hargreaves in action but Nani played for like 30 minutes. In which he didn't impress me at all to be honest, but lets give this guy a chance he's just joined us. Now our next match is next Wednesday, I just don't know against whom, but it's a friendly and Tevez might make his United debut. Nywayz I don't really care about that match, all I care is about the following match vs Reading. Hope we win, Come On You Reds!
Here are my Player ratings since I have nothing else to do:
Van Der Sar – 9 ,Brown – 7, Vidic – 7, Ferdinand – 6, Evra - 8, Ronaldo – 6, Carrick – 7, O’Shea – 6, Silvestre – 6, Giggs – 7, Rooney – 6, Nani – 5, Fletcher – 5

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog my friend, I totally agree with you about the match, it was lame I hope we play better next week and I just can't wait to see Tevez in action. I voted for him in the best man u signing. cheers.

Top Posts in Past Month