An Update


Hello! Yes, I am still alive. I’ve just been soooooo busy that I was finding it hard to sit at my desk and just think about United’s games. This is probably the longest I’ve gone missing on this blog.

Since the last time I posted, i.e. the game vs. Liverpool, we’ve gone out of the Champions League vs. Seville, progressed to the Semi Finals of the FA Cup after a poor game vs Brighton, easily won against Swansea and produced the best comeback in recent memory against Manchester City.

It’s definitely not all gloom and doom, but that loss to Seville did leave a bitter taste. I wouldn’t have minded if we lost to Bayern, Real or Barca but not vs. Seville. To be fair to Seville’s players, we may have underestimated them a bit because I thought they were very good vs Bayern Munich in the quarter finals. I am writing this after Juventus’ amazing effort vs. Real Madrid and, if anything, the quarter finals showed that the teams in the Semi Finals are a bit weak and this puts Liverpool in a great position to win the cup this year. Urghh even the thought of it makes me sick.

To keep this post short, here are a few points on our game vs City and our situation:

1.  We managed to spoil City’s title party with a hearty second performance after an annihilation during the first half. I am proud of our players for showing they care. We wouldn’t have heard the end of it if City won the league against us last Saturday.
2.       I’ve watched the highlights of our game vs. Manchester City a million times.
3.       DDG should be a given a million pound per week contract. Best in the world.
4.       Whoever doubts Pogba is an imbecile. Tactics should be adapted to accommodate a player of that calibre and not vice versa.
5.       Alexis Sanchez has finally come good with a brilliant second half performance vs. City and a goal vs. Swansea. I expect him to kick on from now.
6.       This game and wins vs. Liverpool and Chelsea recently augur well for next season. But we’re slowly becoming a bit like Liverpool’s fans now. I’ve heard many United fans (inc. myself) say “next season this… and next season that…” for a good three years now.   
7.       United have improved this season. Don’t let any media house make you believe otherwise. We finished 6th last season – we’ll probably finish 2nd this season. You do feel that Mourinho is two signings away from getting it right. But I probably said the same thing last season.
8.       No matter what happens in the league now, the FA Cup will make or break our season.

Normal service on this blog should resume now.

UEFA Champions League Last 16 - Manchester United vs Seville 1 - 2 scorer: Lukaku
FA Cup Quarter Final - Manchester United vs Brighton 2 - 0 scrorers: Lukaku and Matic
Premier League - Manchester United vs Swansea 2 - 0 scorers: Lukaku and Sanchez
Premier League - Manchester City vs Manchester United 2 - 3 scorers: Pogba x2 and Smalling

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month