Crystal Palace 2 - 3 United

Lukaku was composed to score a very good goal and made it 2-2
The win should not mask over the fact that United were shit for most of this game but bloody hell I love winning games like this! At 2-0 I had given up on my team getting even a point, never mind win all three at stake. To be fair, I liked our player's reaction after Crystal Palace scored their second goal. They played like they cared, despite having a few players who were having a nightmare. Pogba and Sanchez were probably our worst players today. McTominay wasn't effective at all and was justly subbed off at half time. I wouldn't say that any of the other players set the world alight but I thought Lingard, Lukaku, Rashford, Matic and Mata had a positive impact on the game. 

I don't think I have seen United play as badly as they did during the first half today, they absolutely didn't look like a team. Pogba was walking around the pitch and Sanchez was busy trying hard but giving the ball away far too often. McTominay was caught ball watching too much for my liking and our defence looked like an accident waiting to happen - an accident that did actually happen during the second half when we conceded a very stupid second goal. 

At the start of the second half the introduction of Rashford looked like it gave us a bit of purpose at the front but we immediately conceded the second and I thought that was that. But credit to the boys as they showed some character and goals by Smalling, a great goal by Lukaku and an even greater goal by Matic, on the 91st minute, won us the game. Matic was my man of the match. Not only did he score a belter that won us the game, but he also was the only player who started the game and performed decently in the middle of the pitch. I also thought Mata was very effective today, a good change by Mourinho. 

I don't think I have enjoyed a win as much as I did tonight in quite some time. This is why we watch this beautiful game and the reason we follow Manchester United - anyone playing for this great club should never ever give up. If such character is shown every time, then us fans can start building our trust back in our team's players. When losing, I always expected a Ferguson team to still win the game. Unfortunately, I don't really have that belief in this Mourinho team.

Liverpool next. Our defence needs to improve, otherwise we'll definitely be put to the sword by Pool's excellent strikers.

p.s I forgot to mention De Gea's amazing save at 2-2. It's probably an ordinary save for him but a great save if any other goalkeeper had pulled it. What a goalie. 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month