Tottenham 1 -1 United

DDG
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Welbeck Carrick Cleverley(Valencia) Jones
Kagawa(Rooney) RVP


Two points lost and now our lead at the top of the table has been cut to 5 points. Not a bad lead, if I'm honest, but it means absolutely nothing. Two bad performances and it's gone.

It wasn't a bad performance from the boys today. Our midfielders did very well and our defenders were brilliant. But it wasn't to be, at the end we conceded a 92nd minute goal. We've done it so often and now we had to get a little taste of our own medicine.

Tottenham probably deserved to get something out of the game as we relied heavily on our 1 goal lead. We were superb on the counter attack but spurned most, if not all, chances. Kagawa had a very good game in midfield while Welbeck's speed really helped us build our counter attacks. Unfortunately, when Welbeck is in the box he tends to hesitate. In fact, when in the box, he could have passed the ball to an unmarked Kagawa twice but failed to do so. Still, Danny ran his socks off and did really well. I guess we should start looking at him as a winger rather than a striker.

Our only goal was obviously scored by RVP. It followed some great team play and a delightful cross by Cleverley. Cleverley Jones and Carrick did very well in the central area. The latter, along with De Gea, were my Men of the Match. 

The only debatable decision of the day was when Roo was floored in the penalty box. Having seen it over and over again, I have no doubt in my mind that the ref should have awarded a penalty. I won't complain much though. In fact, I won't complain at all. Promise.

A point won or two points lost? Given the time we conceded it is definitely two points lost. City must've been licking their lips when they saw Dempsey score the equaliser. However, having seen City's upcoming fixtures, they've got a pretty tough schedule. They'll face Liverpool and Chelsea very soon, albeit at home, and then have some tricky away trips. Having said that, we've got our fair share of tough fixtures as well. At the end of the day, I'd rather be in our position than City's. FA Cup vs Fulham next. 

I'm off to study. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an
established blog. Is it very hard to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own
but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thanks
Also visit my web page :: arsenal transfer news latest

Top Posts in Past Month