United 2 - 1 Newcastle

I couldn't watch the whole game because I was on a subs bench with my local football team in a Gozitan stadium. I did get to see the second half and I liked what I saw.

The passing in the midfield was a breath of fresh air, because it's been a while since I've seen United pass the ball with such ease. Cleverley and Anderson both scored very good goals and both played quite well in the middle of the park. Cleverley's goal was his first for United and, well, he looked ecstatic.

It was also good to Rooney back. Let's hope he rediscovers last year's excellent form. I'm also made up for Fletcher. He looked eager to play and it's good he got more minutes under his belt. His start was the first one in 10 months. Welcome back football genius! 

The youngsters at the back didn't do bad either.

We'll be meeting Chelsea in the next round of the League Cup. Shame we didn't draw an inferior side but anyway Fergie will still give a young gun or two to prove his worth against the Londoners.

Short post today but I'm really busy doing my school thesis. Until next time.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month