Sunderland 0 - 1 United


De Gea,
Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra (C),
Valencia, Young, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs,
Rooney

I headed to the place where I watch United with no expectations whatsoever. All I wanted was to watch a good game before the summer break. City weren't going to lose vs QPR, I was sure of that and, well, I was right. But I couldn't have imagined the drama that I was going to get through throughout those 95 exhausting minutes. United played very well today and, bar one missed opportunity, Sunderland were never given a shout. Rooney scored early on and we also managed to hit the woodwork three times. At the Etihad, City scored first and I thought that was the first of many.

I didn't really care what was happening in Manchester, I just sat and enjoyed our game. But 5 minutes into the second half, QPR managed to equalise and that was when I started hoping. As the clocked ticked towards the 90th minute, United were still ahead while 10-man QPR managed to get themselves ahead. That was when I really started believing that we were going to win the title. However I was wrong. During the 5 minutes of added time, City managed to do a 'United' and turn the scoreline back into their favour. City gave us hope and now missing out on the league hurts even more! 

The headlines will obviously state that the Blue moon has risen. Journalists will start foreseeing our demise. It will be a long long summer, during which we'll probably read about how there's a power shift in Manchester. BUT in reality, we were only 2 minutes away from winning the league. We were only 2 minutes away from overcoming the challenge of City and for "such a mediocre team" it is a great feat in itself. It's useless bringing up excuses but how can people keep blabbering about us being poor when we've only lost the title to a billion pound football team who happened to score 8 goals more than us. How come nothing is even mentioned about the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham who are 19 points or more away from us. 

It's been a strange season, the title was City's in March, it was ours in April, it was City's after they beat Newcastle, it was ours on the stroke of time but in the end City managed a remarkable comeback and have had the last laugh. As I always say, the table never lies so I guess City fully deserve this Premier League title. However, it's not all gloom for us. With a few tweaks here and there we'll come back stronger. We'll never die... no team with unlimited financial resources will ever kill us. 

Well done to Sir Alex who dragged a limited team up to this point. Well done to our players who all played part in a pretty crazy season. Thanks to all the readers of this blog.  I'll be back as soon as United are active in the transfer market. Till then, we'll keep the red flag flying high coz MAN UTD WILL NEVER DIE! So proud I'm a red.

Comments

Anonymous said…
after United games I always check yore site mate. Keep it going! UTID
Sean said…
tibkix siehbi, u ibda zomm ma tim vera bhall JUVE

Top Posts in Past Month