United 4 - 4 Everton

De Gea
Rafael Evans Rio Evra
Valencia(Chicharito) Carrick Scholes(Jones) Nani
Rooney Welbeck

I just can't believe what happened today. We were cruising and still let Everton back in the game. Our defenders had a game from hell but I cannot complain much about our strikers. Nani, Welbeck and Rooney scored some beautifully worked goals but our defenders let us down. The 8 point advantage has now decreased to 3 and I fear we have thrown a seasons hard work away today. Absolutely gutted. 

Welbeck Scored a Beauty
Our players failed to show up during the first 30 minutes but things started to work out later on in the first half. Rooney managed to equalise before half time and I thought that goal would spur us on. We started the second half brightly as our strikers and wingers managed to combine together and work out some excellent goals. At 4-2 I thought it was game over. I cannot recall when a United team threw away a two goal advantage at Old Trafford. God I was wrong.

Every shot by Everton during the second half went in. The goalie cannot be blamed because our defenders left him too exposed. Evans and Rafael really struggled today. I'm writing this 4 hours after the final whistle and I still cannot stomach what happened at OT today. 

Now we need to go to the Etihad and make City drop points. Defeat is not an option. If we had an 8 point, or even 5 point, advantage then we could have afforded to lose at the Etihad but we've put ourselves in a situation were we just cannot lose. If in August I was asked whether I would be happy to be in this current situation I would have definitely said YES however, given that we threw away an 8 point advantage, I'm absolutely livid. I'm pretty disheartened at this point. I believe we've thrown everything away but I'd like to think to myself that we'll be able to win at the Etihad.  I hope our boys have enough character to see through the remaining games. We have enough to win all the remaining games... let's hope our players don't crumble under the pressure. In Fergie we trust. Come on United!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month