City 1 - 0 United

De Gea
Jones Smalling Rio Evra
Park Carrick Scholes
Nani Giggs
Rooney

First things first... I didn't watch the game. I just couldn't handle the pressure and therefore headed to Valletta to watch a sumptuous fireworks festival. Obviously I had United on my mind all along but at least I didn't endure the heart-stopping 90 minutes fellow reds had to go through. I pussied out, I know. 

Somehow, whenever I watched United at Old Trafford, I never felt 10% as excited as I feel at home. I guess I should be watching United at stadiums week in week out before I do more damage to my heart.

I heard that United barely built a decent attack and therefore City deserved their win.  It's the first game in 3 years during which our side didn't muster a single shot on goal. Fair play to City. They're now one step closer towards securing their first title in years and, I guess,  they had to win it sooner rather than later. They bought their way towards the top and that will be their way for the upcoming years and we'll have to live with that.

There's still slight hope though. Should City drop points vs Newcastle, who were humiliated by Wigan last Saturday, then it is still game on. However I have to admit that is highly unlikely. City have come a long way, nearly bottled it a month ago and have fought their way back to the top once again. I don't think they'll bottle it again.

If we lose the league we certainly haven't lost the league today. We haven't lost the league vs Wigan because they deserved their win. We lost the league vs Everton because we simply SHOULD have won that game. 

I expected today's loss, therefore I'm not as gutted as after the game vs Everton but I'm still gutted nonetheless. Lets hope lady luck smiles at us in the upcoming games while City run out of luck. Tomorrow we'll have to wake up and smell the coffee....we handed the league to City. Goodnight! 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month