United 3 - 0 Bolton

Lindegaard
Rafael Evans Rio Evra
Valencia Carrick Scholes(Giggs) Nani(Park)
Rooney Welbeck(Chicharito)

He Scored Goals Galore
Although we only scored the killer second goal late in the game, I thought the three points today were never in question. United were much better than Bolton. The latter defended really well and had their goalie perform a couple of miracle saves. It was a frustrating first half, Rooney missed another penalty, although there wasn't anything wrong with the shot itself, while we made far too many wrong decision in the final quarter. However, at the end of the day it was a good day at the office scoring three and keeping a cleansheet.

Welbeck and Carrick scored two good goals but the goal of the match, although not in terms of beauty, was Scholes'. 7 odd months ago, when I saw Scholes leave the Old Trafford pitch for the 'last time', I never expected to see him in the red shirt again, let alone score. His goal was what ultimately won us the game. Bolton had been resolute in their defence and, knowing from my playing experience, going down to a goal just before half time just kills you. So I have to take back what I said last week that Scholes doesn't have enough left in him to help us. He helped us today with his goal, even though his long range passes are a far cry from what they used to be. There's room for improvement...I can't believe I'm writing this about a 37 year old Paul Scholes. 
My man of the match

My man of the match was Valencia. He was terrific today. That's what we missed vs Blackburn when Fergie was forced to play Tony at right back. He doesn't do much wrong at right back but the opportunity cost is huge...and the result showed. I can't really pick up anyone who didn't do well today although I was quite pissed off with Nani's efficiency. He's such a skillful player and he can do much much better than that! Evans and Rio were solid and young Rafa did a pretty good job at right back. When I dislike someone, I don't appreciate his work even if he does something right and that is what's happening with Evra. I just don't like him and his blabbering mouth anymore and I'm not sure how he played today. Carrick was good once again and scored a great goal. At the front Rooney and Welbeck worked really hard but it clearly wasn't Roo's day.

Good win. A very tough hurdle awaits next Sunday at the Emirates, let's hope for a win. 

Top Posts in Past Month