Raring To Go!


I like the new home shirt
Finally! The wait is nearly over and United are due to start this year’s campaign this Sunday vs Etihad FC. The charity shield is usually a game with no real meaning. I never gave a rat’s ass about this game, if we won I’d be delighted and if not I didn’t really mind. However, this year’s curtain raiser has taken a whole new meaning. If City beat us, then it would be a huge psychological boost for them and we’d have to hear the excessive talk of how the blue moon is on the rise.  It is therefore important that we win on Sunday. I don’t want to see City pose with another piece of silverware anytime soon… especially if that piece of silverware is won at our expense.
What do I think about the preseason games?
The Performance vs Barcelona was Encouraging
Well, we didn’t lose a game so that’s always good. Beating a strong Barcelona side was another positive even though, I believe, if we play them in a competitive match tomorrow they’d probably beat us. I’m really excited to see how Welbeck and Cleverley fare during the upcoming season. Their pre-season performances were excellent. Rooney looked sharp in front of goal and hopefully, he'll hit the ground running this season. We scored 20 goals and only conceded a mere 3 during these friendly games. If there was one thing that concerned me was that Jones looks a tad slow. Maybe Fergie could sort that out.
What do I think about our squad?
Can't wait to see Wel & Clev in the Premier League!
First of all, it's kind of strange to look at our complete squad and not see Neville, VDS, Scholes, Brown and O'Shea listed down. But the future does look bright and I honestly think we have improved on last year as a squad. Cleverley and Welbeck have blended well into the first team while Young, Jones and De Gea are all very talented players. What we lacked last year was an influential central midfielder and we still lack this particular player. The central midfield is the only area that is worrying me. We have the best defence and attack in the Premier League. We also have very good wingers but we still need a central midfielder. A lot of papers are tipping United to buy Sneijder and I do believe that there has been some kind of contact with the player. Overall we have a very good squad, I just believe that a central midfielder would be the final piece in the jigsaw.

What do I think about other teams?
We had the best squad in the Premier League last season and we still have. Some teams have virtually stayed the same, such as Arsenal and Chelsea, while others have improved drastically. Liverpool is the team that springs to mind when I think of improvement. Having seen their pre-season results, they certainly didn’t improve in the way they play but they now have a couple more quality players in their squad. I’m not sure whether they can be serious title contenders but they’ll surely prove to be a tough hurdle to get past. If City keep Tevez, then they’ll have a fearsome striking quartet. Tevez and Aguero are exceptional talents while Balotelli and Dzeko can also get the job done. Chelsea have a new manager but I don’t think they have improved as a team while Arsenal haven’t lost any major players….yet. If they lose Nasri and Fabregas, then I don’t even think they’ll end in the top 4.
4 Years On
This blog is 4 years old!
My First Post, Back in August 2007
Fours years have passed since I started this blog. I never tire of writing about Man Utd. I have neglected this blog during the summer months mainly because I only watched one pre-season friendly due to the combination of kick-offs during the early hours of the day and me having to go to work.  Normal service will now be resumed once the season kicks off and I promise to update this site with my biased opinions after every Man Utd game. During the past year my blog has registered more than 6,000 hits from 100+ different states and countries from around the world. It’s always a pleasure to see that people actually care about my opinion on our beloved football club.  So here I am, 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions league, 2 Carling Cups, 1 Club World Cup, 3 Charity Shields and 326 articles later…itching for the new season. Keep logging onto this blog and spread the word. United till I die!
People from 100+ countries/states have visited this blog during the past year 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month