Chelsea 2 - 1 United

VDS
O'Shea Smalling Vidic(s/o) Evra(Fabio)
Fletcher Carrick Scholes(Giggs) Nani
Chicharito(Berbatov) Rooney

So we were unable to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge yet again. It's been 8 years now since our last victory! I thought we played quite well during the first half but Chelsea were evidently better than us during the second. Rooney scored another good goal but in the end it was not enough to give us the 3 points. The referee made some wrong decisions today that ultimately put the final nail in our coffin. Luiz should have been sent off and Smalling didn't move his leg in the penalty incident. Therefore I don't think it was a penalty! Honest, I'm not wearing my red tinted glasses.

I had a very good feeling about this game when Rooney scored that wonderful goal. I thought Chelsea where there for the taking and that our defenders could handle the ineffective ladyboy and the French git. But things went downhill during the second half with Chelsea dominating possession. Chelsea's strikers were still clueless but their midfielders got a grip on the game. Luiz scored a good goal but he should have been sent off later for a second bookable offense. With him, definitely their best player, getting sent off, the outcome of the game would have been much different. But then again, if Rooney had been justly sent off last week we might have lost to Wigan and he wouldn't have been on the pitch today. So basically that's how football works, lady luck decides who she smiles at. 

Our lead at the top will probably be cut to 1 point, but Arsenal usually bottle things so I'm keeping my faith in their unique ability. Today's result will mean that only one result will do on Saturday. Vidic will miss the Liverpool game after being sent off today and I guess that will mean that if Ferdinand isn't fit by Saturday, Evans will accompany Smalling. God forbid. I'm not feeling very confident about Saturday's game but heck I must believe in our boys(even in Evans). So COME ON UNITED! Till then I'll keep the red flag flying high! 

P.S. I'd also like to congratulate Chelsea on getting into the top 4. Massive massive achievement. Something to shout about at the library, er sorry, I mean stamford bridge. 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month