United 4 - 0 Stoke

VDS
Gaz Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Fletch Scholes Giggs
Berbatov Rooney

Chelsea are the new champions of England. They scored 8 goals today and I guess that they deservedly won the league. We had a lot of injuries at the back, true, but so did Chelsea. They also had some players missing due to the African cup of nations. Therefore there shouldn't be any excuses. We weren't good enough this season in some matches. That chance Valencia had vs Blackburn will haunt my dreams until August, unless something even more catastrophic happens to England in the World Cup.

It was a good game today. All players did well. Fletcher, Giggs, an own goal and Park saw off a poor Stoke side. We were always in control of the game but, at the other end of England, so were Chelsea. And that's what really mattered today.

"A disappointing end to a promising seasons" sums up our season perfectly. Just before that Bayern game I had a feeling we were going to win the league and advance in Europe. However, Bayern knocking us out of the CL and losing vs Chelsea the following Saturday destroyed our season. Then a week later Blackburn put the final nail in our season's coffin by holding us in a 0-0 draw. I dared to dream of Wigan winning vs Chelsea today, but in all fairness that was a big ask for them today.

Now my head turns towards England as I hope the national side can come up with the goods in South Africa. I will keep blogging about transfers and after the England games in the world cup. I believe they can actually achieve something and if they don't, well, I hope Italy doesn't win it again.

Anyway, this is the first time I'm writing after the final game of the league and I'm not celebrating another league title. I'm writing this as I watch Chelsea lift the trophy. It hurts. But United will never die! Chelsea deserve the title but next year WE WANT OUR TROPHY BACK!!!

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month