Celta Vigo 0 - 1 United

Romero
Valencia Bailly Blind Darmian
Herrera Fellaini
Lingard Pogba Mkhi(Young(Smalling)) 
Rashford(Martial)

That was a very good away performance but we failed to put the tie to bed. We won 1-0 today but in reality we should have scored another three. The first half was a 45 minute summary of our whole season: we manage to get in great positions but fail to score. Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Rashford should have put United 3 up during the first half. At the end we had to settle for a 1-0 win, a result that certainly flatters a pretty poor Celta Vigo side. 

I expected a sterner test today but, let's be honest, Celta Vigo were no match for United. I've heard a lot of positive comments about this side before the game but I wasn't impressed today. Yet Celta Vigo were just a goal away from upsetting United with a draw and making me throw my TV out the window. I've been close to destroying my TV set a couple of times this season.... hah!

Our back-four were perfect. Rashford was very good up front and scored a stunning free-kick. Considering how poor we've been from set-pieces, that goal was a breath of fresh air. Our best player tonight was without a doubt Paul Pogba. He was excellent. He played the ball well, created a very good chance for Mkhi and used his power to bully Celta Vigo players off the ball. We need to keep him fit till the end of the season. Yes, I expected more from him this year but that's because he's set such high standards when at Juve. He's a very good midfielder who I expect to make that next step next season. He's gone missing far too often in big games but let's not forget that he's a young player. 

A great shame to see two players limp off the pitch with injuries. We're losing two players to injuries every game but that's the result of a long long season. Hopefully we lose no more. Oh, I must mention Sergio Romero who's proven once again that he's a very very good backup keeper. When the inevitable happens and DDG fucks off to Real, should we trust Romero or go for another goalie? I actually think Sergio would be a good 1st goalie. 

Happy with the performance but a bit disappointed with the result. At 1-0 Celta are still in the tie. One goal at Old Trafford and we're in trouble. Hopefully we can got out next Thursday and kill Celta Vigo we an early goal. Arsenal next. I'm not sure whether I should keep dreaming of getting into the top-4 or just give up. Whenever we make a good step towards getting into top-4, we fuck things up the following week. Oh well. Come on United! 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month