WBA 0 - 2 United

DDG
Valencia Jones Rojo Darmian
Carrick Herrera(Smalling)
Lingard(Rashford) Pogba Rooney(Fellaini) 
Ibrahimovic

This was yet another accomplished performance by our boys with Ibrahimovic excelling with two goals and some great hold up play. I think all our players did well as we finally look like we're hitting top form at a crucial stage of the season. It's good to see the boys in red so confident with the ball at their feet, we are looking more and more like the side I thought we'd be when Mourinho became our manager. Not champions material, obviously, but definitely top 4. 

I won't go into commenting about every player as they all did well and I'd probably say the same things I've been saying about each player for the past few weeks. You know; Jones and Rojo were excellent, Carrick was his calm self etc etc... Lingard wasn't playing recently so I should just say that he was really good today and his running caused WBA a lot of headaches. Great assist too!

What I'd like to comment about is the fact that the gap between us and one or more teams in the top four will be smaller after this weekend. Arsenal play City while Liverpool host Everton. Let's hope Arsenal and City draw and Liverpool lose to Everton. Looking at our upcoming fixtures, I truly believe that with the way we're playing we should win them all. We got over a tricky fixture against a decent WBA side today and I see us winning against Sunderland on Boxing Day and M'Boro on New Year's eve. 

Till the game vs Sunerland, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! 

PS What a performance by the away fans! 


Comments

Top Posts in Past Month