Sunderland 1 - 1 United

Unfortunately, I only watched the first half because I had a football game with my local team. It's a shame I missed United's second half just to spend two hours on my team's bench. Bench warming ain't fun but, apparently, neither is watching United at the moment. 

Our first half performance was poor. We were lucky to score and our back three looked vulnerable whenever the mighty Sunderland attacked. This Sunderland team had two players who were deemed as not good enough for our squad a couple of year ago. From what I saw, they played better than some of our players today.

This draw is another poor result. It's true that our players are still getting used to van Gaal's system but we desperately need quality. With that midfield duo,we wouldn't have won the game if the ref decided to give 2 hours of injury time. Heck we wouldn't have won the game had Sir Alex Ferguson been our manager with Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger as his assistants.  Fletch and Cleverley cannot play together. They lack quality. I'm fine with Fletch accompanying Herrera or Carrick but not Cleverley. However, our manager was forced into fielding those two from the start because of our injuries and lack of depth in the midfield department. The season is only two weeks old and we've already been really unlucky with injuries.

The upcoming week will be a huge one for us. We HAVE to get two more players. Apparently, Di Maria is a done deal. I'm really excited about that signing. We've also got Rojo. I've probably seen him play in the world cup but I wasn't really arsed about how he was playing. Would have kept an eye on him if I knew we were interested in him. Anyway, we need a defensive midfielder or a central defender or BOTH. That's when we can say we've got a team good enough to get back up there with the top 4. Also, I've heard that Welbeck has been told he's free to leave United. That's a big mistake. With Wilson graduating to the first team, I'd rather see Chicharito go. Welbeck brings pace to this side and that's something that we lack. Over and above all, he's a Mancunian. He knows what it means to play for this great football club. That's something, perhaps, the foreign players don't really appreciate. So, no, Welbeck shouldn't be sold. 

Roll on next weekend.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month