Everton 2 - 0 United


DDG
Jones Smalling Evans Buttner
Fletcher(Chicharito) Carrick
Nani(Valencia) Mata Kagawa
Rooney​

Well, that was very poor once again. Our players looked clueless against such a determined Everton side. On paper, Moyes put out a very attacking minded team but in reality they did little to test Howard and his defenders. I can't fathom how the likes of Nani, Mata, Kagawa and Rooney couldn't assemble a decent attack in Everton's half. We seem to be excelling against the minnows and then struggle against the top half teams. In that respect, something's mightily wrong and the management, all managers/directors at the club, will have a summer to try and put things right. If you ask me, I just don't know what is wrong. I've always been pro-Moyes, still am, but there's something in his way of play that is not working and I'm not sure whether he has any plan B, C and D. Sometimes I do wonder whether the men in power will trust Moyes with the money that the club is willing to spend this summer. If he spends a lot of money on wrong players, then we could be looking at a very gloomy future at United. Irrespective, I will stand by what the Club decides. Surely, they know better than I do about what's best for Manchester United. Don't get me wrong, I still support Moyes butI've been saying that things will get better all season long and the truth is that nothing has changed. It's also very easy blaming the coach but the players must shoulder a massive part of the blame as well. What I saw today was a team of players who look unwilling to work that extra sweat for the United cause. A major overhaul is indeed needed. 

There's nothing I can say about the game except that Everton wanted to win it more and they deservedly won the 3 points. True, the blues had more to play for but I still expected United to fight for the points at stake. I was very disappointed today. When we lost vs Bayern, I was very proud because our boys gave the Germans a run for their money. Today United went down without a fight and stuff like that really disappoints me. There are some players in that team who don't deserve to wear the red of United again. 

Three games to go and I can't wait for this season to end. It was a disastrous season and to add insult to injury, this season will churn our stomach one last time when Liverpool, in particular Luis Suarez, lifts the Premier League trophy. I think I handled United's catastrophic season brilliantly but I'm not sure I will be able to stomach Liverpool's repugnant Uruguayan dancing around Anfield with our trophy. Unless Liverpool experience an unlikely stumble of biblical proportions, they'll be crowned champions next week and that will be hard to take, especially given United's apparent downfall.

Let's hope our fall is only temporarily, let's hope United emerge out of these depths and excel to new heights next season. Whatever happens, I'll support our boys. Most of them have given us so many moments of joy that we just cannot turn our backs on them during these delicate times. Let's hope next season will be a good one and that we play some good football in our final three games this season. Come on United! 

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month