United 1 - 2 Real Madrid

DDG
Rafael(Valencia) Rio Vidic Evra
Nani(s/o) Carrick Cleverley(Valencia) Giggs Welbeck(Rooney)
RVP

These boys have done us proud
The moment that ruined a game
Jesus Christ. I never ever blame the ref for a loss, but I feel robbed tonight. That Turkish twat fucked up our European campaign when we looked pretty comfortable playing against the mighty Real Madrid. On the 60th minute,  when we were winning by a goal, the ref decided to send off Nani for a foul which should have been a yellow, at worst. The world thought Nani deserved a yellow, but no, the ref thought it's a red. Unbelievable. A game of that magnitude. Millions of people were watching from their homes while thousands paid over the odds to watch the game from Old Trafford's stands....and it got destroyed but one idiot. As soon as our player was sent off for an early shower, Real managed to score two and that was game over. We were never going to score two goals against this Real side. This wasn't a great Real side but it did the job nonetheless. 

Up until the sending off we were the better side. No doubt about that. Fergie's masterplan was working wonders. Real never looked threatening and Ronaldo was nullified. With 10 men it wasn't a contest. Real destroyed us. I know, their goalie did pull off a couple of fine saves, but there was only one winner and that was Real. We were too exposed. 

The last time we got knocked off in the quarter final, the ref also unjustly sent off Rafael. We always say that in the league, if one decision goes against you, fate would probably make sure that things even themselves out. That cannot happen  in the knock-out stages of the champions league though. One human error cost our team a place in the quarter-finals, a chance to repeat the historic treble and broke the hearts of millions of United fans. 

The only person who said it was a red card was Roy fuckin Keane. He was my idol back in the 90's but he's become a worthless piece of shit for me. He always tries to go against the current and say things that would upset the legions of fans who adored him. He said it was a red card. THAT JUST WASN'T A RED. Fergie didn't think it was, Mourinho didn't think it was, Kompany didn't think it was and Lineker didn't think it was. Heck even the few Real Madrid fans I met  after the game thought it was an abysmal decision. 

I have to applaud our players who put in a great shift. Giggs was admirable, Rio and Vidic were impeccable while Welbeck and Rafael worked tirelessly. If there was a player who disappointed me, it has to be Robin van Persie. I expected more from him.

Anyway, I hope one day these stupid refereeing decisions stop ruining such games. One single human error could cause major upset all around the world. I know it's difficult to find a solution to this but something must be done. How could a group of hard working players be sent out of a campaign because of one decision? How could thousands of people pay all that money to watch a game, only to be ruined by one person? Once again, it ain't really my thing to blame the ref but today the ref fucked up our good display. When players make a mistake, they normally pay for it either monetarily or by suspension. Why shouldn't refs be punished in the same way? I know I'm probably a tad pissed but this is my rant and I mean every word I just typed tonight. Now, let's get that 20th title. United till I die.

Football is just a game, isn't it? Ah, fuck off! 
Fergie will make sure this will be another great season

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month