United 1 - 0 West Ham

Well, that was boring, wasn't it? RVP scored barely a minute into the game and, just like on countless of other occasions when United score that early, I expected our players to hammer the Hammers with a barage of goals. Unfortunately our players left their shooting boots at home since, out of 23 attempts, our boys in red only mustered 3 decent shots that caused some concern for WestHam's goalie. Last year's curse of scoring very early and then struggling to get the second, hit us again tonight!

Rooney's shots, bar one, were awful. He didn't get much joy in today's game. Cleverley wasn't any better. Chicharito managed to do some decent work but wasn't as effective as he would have liked. The same could be said about Robin. The turn leading to his goal eas brilliant but I can hardly recall anything else he did that was fitting of his world class status.

Anderson was't that bad. Actually, he wasn't bad at all. Carrick played well without being spectacular. Well, he hardly ever does spectacular stuff. Our best performers were undoubtly our defenders. Rafael, probsbly my man of the match, defended brilliantly. His crossing left much to be desired though. However, he had WestHam's left winger in his back pocket all night. Evans continues to demonstrate his improvement as a defender week in week out, while Smalling was quite confident at the back. I can't really remember what our left back, Patrice, did right today because he gave me one hell of a fright at the end of the game and that is all I can remember. Lindegaard was alert on the few times he was tested.

A win is a win, no matter how dull the win is. We're still top of the table with Chelsea dropping more points. Our neighbours are still a point away from us though. Looking at the bright side, I did ask for a cleansheet and finally we managed to keep one. The last cleansheet we kept was at Newcastle. That seems like ages ago! Anyway, I'm off. Short post today since my laptop isn't at my apartment and I had to make do with the iPad, which isn't exactly that comfortable when it comes to typing! Reading next, not an easy game.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month